Monday, 10th September 2018Time: 10:00AM - 11:00AM
Location: Noel Stockdale Room, Library
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
Postgraduate Research Supervision Core Workshop 1
To support our commitment to a high quality higher degree experience, the University requires that all new supervisors attend the Induction to Research Higher Degree Supervision program. This program is conducted in conjunction with the Office of Graduate Research and comprises a series of 4 workshops (2 core and 2 electives). This workshop is the first core workshop. It focuses on Policy & Procedures & Supervisor responsibilities.
Type of course
- Short online videos or podcast (Parts A, B and C - 48 minutes in total)
- One hour face-to-face Workshop of the online materials via supervisory case studies
- A short written exercise will be required to complete the training.
Type of course
Blended Learning workshop
Who should attend
For those who are new to supervision of Postgraduate student research or who have been supervising for some time, but wish to review their practices and gain new ideas.
What you will learn
Prerequisites / assumed knowledge
Viewing or listening to the VLOGs/Podcasts
Watch the three videos before the session:
- Core 1 Supervisory Training Part A - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBT8RS3CkYI
- Core 1 Supervisory Training Part B - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4oAj98LBFw
- Core 1 Supervisory Training Part C - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XojahpOLxTI
Or listen to Core 1: http://traffic.libsyn.com/tarabrabazon/Supervisory_Training_Core_1.mp3