Monday, 19th September 2016Time: 1:30PM - 4:30PM
Location: Rm 151, Computer Lab 1, Central Library
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
IBM SPSS - Introduction
IBM SPSS is a computer application that supports statistical analysis of data. It allows for in-depth data access and preparation, analytical reporting, graphics and modelling.
In this introductory workshop participants will learn the main features of the software, setting up a new data file in IBM SPSS ready for analysis, as well as some techniques of data management.
This course is under great demand. If your circumstances change and you cannot attend, please cancel your enrolment as quickly as possible.
Type of course
Hands-on computer course
Who should attend
Staff and Research Higher Degree Students
What you will learn
- how the IBM SPSS windows are structured
- how to enter data into IBM SPSS and set up a data file for analysis
- how to import Excel data into IBM SPSS
- how to modify existing data and calculate new formulae
- how to filter and select cases
- how to create simple tables and charts
- how to customise IBM SPSS output
Prerequisites / assumed knowledge
Basic understanding of MS Windows.