Thursday, 12th July 2018Time: 9:30AM - 12:30PM
Location: Rm 104, Social Sciences North Building (Computer Training Suite)
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
Introduction to creating educational videos with Camtasia
Participants will be directed to create two of the most common types of educational videos: picture-in-picture videos, with or without screen drawing, and talking head/montage videos. Please note this is a highly practical workshop, not a step-by-step instructional workshop. You will learn how to use Camtasia by creating sample videos. Step-by-step instructions can be found at the Creating educational videos with Camtasia site.
Please note that this workshop will use Camtasia Studio, but reference will be made to Camtasia for Mac if necessary.
To prepare for the workshop, you may like to download and explore the software before attending.
To download the software on your Uni computer.
- On your desktop open ITS Support Portal
- Click Install Software
- Double click on Camtasia Studio. This will install automatically
To download the software for your home computer.
- Go to Software licensing page
- Select Camtasia and follow the Home Use instructions
Reference will be made to video composition elements, copyright consideration and publishing techniques.
Type of course
Hands-on computer course
Who should attend
Any Flinders staff wishing to explore how to create educational videos.
Participants are required to bring a mobile device (phone or tablet) for use during the session.
What you will learn
The features of Camtasia participants will be covered in the introductory workshop include:
- Importing media: Clip Bin
- Importing mobile device footage (+ recording screen of iOS device – Mac only)
- Recording computer screen: resolution and screen size; audio: system, voice; camera
- Recording PowerPoint: plug in and recording settings
- Editing – crop and positioning
- Editing using tracks (introduction to tracks in timeline)
- Editing audio
- An introduction to visual enhancements: Callouts and Zoom
- Publishing videos from Camtasia: FLO and YouTube hosts