Thursday, 20th September 2018Time: 9:30AM - 12:30PM
Location: Rm 218, Registry Building (PDU Training Room)
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
Coaching for results
The aim of this workshop is to provide participants with the opportunity to learn about the theories and concepts relating to coaching, and to enhance their coaching and communication skills.
Designed for people in management or supervisory positions, the program will provide a theoretical perspective, together with practical tips and suggestions on applying management and leadership skills to your real world.
Type of course
Who should attend
Staff in supervisor or management roles.
For more information about this course, please contact the Professional Development Unit on firstname.lastname@example.org
Prerequisites / assumed knowledge
At the completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- recognise the importance of a manager's role as coach in team development
- recognise ways in which coaching can improve performance of their staff
- identify the role coaching plays in change management
- refer to the Whitmore GROW model and use it as a coaching framework
- adapt coaching techniques to individual needs
- practise coaching skills using situational scenarios
- develop a coaching plan