Wednesday, 3rd August 2016(4-part course)
- Wednesday, 3rd August 2016, 9:30AM - 12:30PM, Rm 329, Information Science & Technology Building
- Wednesday, 10th August 2016, 9:30AM - 12:30PM, Rm 329, Information Science & Technology Building
- Wednesday, 17th August 2016, 9:30AM - 12:30PM, Rm 329, Information Science & Technology Building
- Wednesday, 24th August 2016, 9:30AM - 12:30PM, Rm 329, Information Science & Technology Building
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
Introduction to supervision: Parts 1-4
This course looks at what supervision is and the basic skills required in the role. The program is a mixture of presentations on various topics and has a large component of groupwork and discussions.
Prior to attending the workshop, participants are asked to complete a Pre-Workshop Task and bring it along to the first session, together with their position description.
Type of course
Who should attend
Newly appointed supervisors who have recently moved into a supervisory role and want to develop their general skills in working with team members. This course is also suitable for professional staff who are interested in career development and aspire to a supervisor's position.
What you will learn
Participants will gain knowledge and skills in:
- The role of the supervisor at Flinders University
- Transitioning from worker to supervisor
- Models of supervision
- Applying situational leadership principles
- The supervisor's role in WHS
- Effective communication and delegation
- Developing and working with teams
Prerequisites / assumed knowledge
Please note: Late enrolments to the course will not be permitted. All participants are asked to ensure they can attend Session 1.
A certificate of attendance will be provided if all 4 sessions are completed.