No upcoming events
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
Position Descriptions: How to write effective PDs
This course introduces the concepts and skills involved in constructing effective Position Description statements. Position Descriptions underpin people management processes, including Performance Review and Development, and recruitment and selection, and are an important part of the supervisor's relationships with their team.
Type of course
Who should attend
Supervisors of general staff
What you will learn
- Where to start when establishing a Position Description;
- Key statements and descriptions essential to effective PDs;
- HR processes, including understanding and using the PD template;
- How to review and update a Position Description;
- Writing PDs for linked positions;
- Using the PD as a dynamic and integral part of performance review and development.
Prerequisites / assumed knowledge
Participants will gain the most out of this course if they have already attended:
- Roles and Responsibilities of Supervisors of General Staff, and
- Managing the Workplace Environment, and
- Recruitment and Selection Workshop