Monday, 16th June 2014(2-part course)
- Monday, 16th June 2014, 1:30PM - 4:30PM, Rm 329, Information Science & Technology Building
- Monday, 30th June 2014, 1:30PM - 4:30PM, Rm 329, Information Science & Technology Building
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
Practical Conflict Management
Increase your effectiveness when you need to manage conflict.
This workshop will help participants understand more about conflict and how to work with it and manage it. Participants will also learn about what makes it especially difficult for them when others are in conflict, along with developing techniques to help respond more effectively to situations involving conflict.
Combining practical and easy-to-use techniques for responding to conflict, participants will also have the opportunity to reflect on their own contributions to difficult situations.
Type of course
Who should attend
Staff seeking to improve their ability to manage conflict in their life and workplace
Please note - a minimum number of 12 confirmed participants is required to run this course. If you are unsure about whether you will be able to attend, please do not enrol.
What you will learn
At the end of the workshop, participants will have a good understanding of:
- The importance of managing emotions in conflicts
- Their own communication behaviours on conflict management
- Steps to manage emotions within conflict
- How to develop and use the three-part message