Friday, 22nd June 2018Time: 9:30AM - 11:30AM
Location: Rm 104, Social Sciences North Building (Computer Training Suite)
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
Annotating assignments electronically
This hands-on workshop will show you how to mark student assignment using annotations (eg. comments, highlighting and audio comments). This workshop will provide an overview of the types of annotation options available:
- Online annotation (in FLO) (eLearning Gateway)
Online annotation allows you to annotate the student assignment in your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer) without having to download and upload assignments.
- Offline annotation (eLearning Gateway)
Offline annotation allows you to download all student assignments and annotate (using software such as Word or PDF or marking on a tablet such as an iPad) without being connected to the internet. At a later stage (once you are connected to the internet) you can upload all assignments at once.
- Marking in Word
- Marking in PDF
- view the eMarking support material (eLearning Gateway)
- attend the course Marking and managing assignments
- attend the course Electronic marking - possibilities and considerations about the potential for electronic marking, what the various e-marking tools are and their attributes and potential for use
- attend the course Using marking guides in FLO about the different options for providing feedback via marking guides (including rubrics, checklists and feedback forms) in FLO
- request a customised training session for tutors and casual markers by emailing email@example.com at least one week before the preferred day
Online annotation (eLearning Gateway)
Marking in Word (eLearning Gateway)
Marking in PDF (eLearning Gateway)
Type of course
Hands-on computer course
Who should attend
All staff who are interested in marking assignments electronically
What you will learn
- How to annotate assignments from within FLO
- How to use Word to annotate assignments (requires download/upload)
- How to use Adobe Acrobat Pro to annotate assignments (requires download/upload)