No upcoming events
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
FLO: Marking and managing assignments
Thanks for the course today! I applied everything you taught me this morning to finish all my marking tonight. I am so grateful, because the methods you showcased were far more efficient than what I'd been doing!! You have saved me hours! (2017 workshop participant)
This workshop is aimed at staff (eg teachers, markers) who will be marking student assignments submitted via FLO and returning marks and feedback via FLO.
The session will provide an overview of the marking process, including:
- accessing and downloading student assignments
- options for marking - online comments or offline annotations
- uploading marks and feedback into FLO (if marking offline)
If you are a topic coordinator, or someone responsible for managing the assignment in FLO, you should consider also attending the course Creating assignments which covers setting up the assignment. Creating assignments workshops are usually scheduled to follow the Marking and managing assignments workshop. We encourage topic coordinators to attend both workshops.
This workshop is part of a series of workshops and training material around electronic assignments, other options are listed here.
If you have specific questions or are unable to follow the scheduled training sessions:
- view the support material (eLearning Gateway)
- set a time with your FLO eLearning support person
- book a one-on-one session with a workshop trainer
Setting up assignments
- view the eMarking support material (eLearning Gateway)
- attend the course Annotating assignments electronically, a hands-on workshop that shows how to annotate student assignments in Word, Acrobat and in FLO
- attend the course Electronic marking - possibilities and considerations about the potential for electronic marking, what the various eMarking tools are, and their attributes and potential for use
- attend the course Using marking guides in FLO about the different options for providing feedback via marking guides (including rubrics, checklists and feedback forms) in FLO
- request a customised training session for tutors and casual markers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week before the preferred day
Type of course
Hands-on computer course
Who should attend
People who will be marking assignments submitted in FLO.
What you will learn
This session will demonstrate the process of accessing, downloading, marking and returning assignments in FLO.