No upcoming events
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
FLO: Basic building
Every topic has a Flinders Learning Online (FLO) site, whether it is taught face to face, fully online, or with a blended approach. Building and maintaining a FLO teaching site is the responsibility of the Topic Coordinator or convener of the topic, who may work with other teachers or eLearning professionals to develop the learning environment.
Type of course
Hands-on computer course
Who should attend
This course is open to anyone creating, converting or refreshing a topic in FLO. Typically, this will be Topic Coordinators, but may also include FLO support staff, teaching academics, or other eLearning professionals.
What you will learn
This course will introduce you to the basics of topic development in FLO, including:
- choosing the right format for your topic
- selecting the right FLO activity or tool for the job
- adding new activities and resources to your topic
- applying an organising pattern to the site
- using, removing and adding blocks to the side
- where to go for further help, and what other workshops may be useful for you