No upcoming events
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
The 'Imposter' and the 'Boys' Club'
This workshop will be suitable for academic and professional staff and managers of academic and professional staff who want to understand and overcome some of the psychological barriers to the achievement of equal professional opportunities in a challenging workplace. The workshop will also look at some of the strategies that organisations can put in place to address the, maybe unintended but unequal impact of the 'Boys' Club' and assist all staff to be equal partners in the workplace.
This workshop will be practically-oriented and give participants the opportunity to self-reflect and then identify strategies to improve their capacity to engage more effectively to achieve personal and organisational goals. Participants will also develop a Personal Action Plan and/or an Organisational Action Plan at the conclusion of the workshop.
Type of course
Who should attend
Academic and professional staff interested in developing greater equality of opportunity in their workplace.
What you will learn
At the conclusion of this 3-hour workshop participants will have a good understanding of:
- How, despite their best intent, organisations can fail in their efforts to deliver equality of opportunity in the workplace
- The Imposter Syndrome and how it operates
- Some strategies to counter the effects of the Imposter Syndrome
- The role of negotiation in facilitating personal and professional achievement
- What organisational leaders can do to promote greater equality of opportunity
Prerequisites / assumed knowledge