The App is divided into 4 components - See, Record, Collect, Report.
The App allows for:
- recording of contemporaneous notes
- labelling of evidence to maintain chain of custody
- notes are supported by photographic evidence, as meta data is kept aiding in the chain of custody
- activate connectivity allows reports to be communicated directly from the field, with an option to also save field reports and send at a later stage
- field notes and evidence can be sent via email or secure messaging service
- provides safety guidance on Personal Protective Equipment, as well as links to international guidelines around sample collection, transport of biological materials etc.
SuspectED complements existing organisational procedures or can provide a free yet effective standardised reporting platform, for the notification of emerging and deliberate biological events.