What is a transcript?

A transcript is a detailed history of your academic record at the University and shows all topics studied and the grades you have received.

The transcript also shows any credit that you have been granted for previous study and any prizes and awards that have been made.

Do I get a free copy of my transcript?

If you graduate after 1 December 2009, you will be provided with one free copy of your transcript at your graduation ceremony.  If you do not attend you can make arrangements for the transcript to be sent to you after the ceremony, along with your parchment.  Follow the steps below to purchase an additional copy (or copies) of your transcript.  Please note that copies obtained prior to your graduation will not include graduation details.

Can I purchase an additional copy (or copies) of my official transcript?

Additional copies of your official transcript may be purchased by following the steps detailed below.

Transcripts normally take two working days to prepare and verify before they are available for collection ('Standard' service).   Enrolment Services provide an 'urgent' service where your transcript will be available for collection within one working day (24 hours). There is an additional charge for the urgent service and conditions apply, e.g. if you studied prior to 2001 and/or your records are archived it may not be possible to meet delivery deadlines.  Enrolment Services staff will advise you if this is the case and you wil not be charged the service fee.

If you have a current enrolment you may also download a copy of your unofficial transcript from the Student Information System.  Log on to the Student Information System, click on the My Exams and Results tab.  Click on the 'Get my unofficial transcript by email' button at the bottom of the page. Your unofficial transcript will be emailed to your University email address.

How do I order a copy of my official transcript?

1. Place an order for your transcript by contacting Enrolment Services:

  • by phone on 1300 360 351 (local call cost in Australia) or (08) 8201 3950;
  • in person at the Student Centre; or
  • by email to asktrim@flinders.edu.au.

2. Provide Enrolment Services with your:

  • full name;
  • date of birth;
  • address and mailing address (if different);
  • student ID number;
  • contact telephone number;
  • the number of transcripts you require;
  • whether you require a standard or urgent service;
  • if your transcript is to be mailed, state whether you require standard postage, a courier service or Registered Mail.

3. After placing the order, pay for your transcript(s) at the Cashiers Office in the Union Building:

  • by phone on (08) 8201 3146 using a credit card (Visa or Mastercard);
  • in person at the Cashiers Office using a credit card (Visa or Mastercard, UnionPay also accepted), cash or a cheque/money order made payable to Flinders University; or
  • by mail using a cheque or money order made payable to Flinders University, and mailed to Cashiers Office, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide, SA 5001

4. Claim your transcript, either:

  • Collect from Enrolment Services in the Student Centre:
    • Standard service - your transcript will be ready for collection two full working days after ordering.
    • Urgent service - your transcript will be ready for collection one full working day after ordering.  Conditions apply.
    • If you collect your transcript from Enrolment Services you will need to provide photo ID (Driver's Licence or Student ID card) and your receipt.
    • If a third party is collecting your transcript for you, they must provide photo ID, your receipt and a written authorisation from you stating that they may collect your transcript.
  • By mail - your transcript can be mailed to you by standard mail, a courier service or Registered Mail.  Additional charges apply for a courier service or Registered Mail.

How much do transcripts cost?

Transcripts cost $10.00 for the first copy and $5.00 for each additional copy ordered at the same time.

An urgent service is available if you require your transcript within one working day.  An additional $20.00 fee applies to the first copy and standard rates apply to each additional copy.  Conditions apply to the provision of this service, eg if you studied prior to 2001 and/or your records are archived it may not be possible to meet delivery deadlines.  Enrolment Services staff will advise you if this is the case and you will not be charged.

If you wish to have your transcript mailed to you there is no additional charge for standard postage.  Additional costs apply if you require the transcript to be sent via:

  • Courier ($8.00 within Australia*, $35.00 overseas*); or
  • Registered Mail ($4.90 within Australia*, $21.45 overseas*).

* Please note that these charges are subject to change.  You will be advised of the mail charge when you place your order.

I am a completing student, when should I request a copy of my official transcript?

You will receive a free copy of your official transcript at your graduation ceremony, or mailed with your parchment if you do not attend.

If you require a copy prior to graduation, and you require the completion details to be included on the transcript, please check your unofficial transcript on the Student Information System before you place your order to ensure that these details have been finalised by the Faculty.

How does the University protect the authenticity of my transcript?

The University uses transcript paper that has a number of security features to protect both you and the University from document falsification and fraud.  Features include:

  • Watermark;
  • Microprint (font size 1 only visible under magnification);
  • Printed warning band (explaining security features); and
  • Solvent reactive ink (text bleeds or blurs when tampered with).

Can I order an electronic official transcript?

Flinders University does not provide official transcripts electronically, for security and confidentiality reasons. Official transcripts must be collected in person or posted to you as hard copies as per the information above.

I have an outstanding debt to the University, can I still get my transcript?

You will not be issued with an official or unofficial transcript while you have an outstanding debt.  Outstanding debts include overdue:

  • student contributions, where a HECS-HELP loan is not applicable;
  • domestic tuition fees, where a FEE-HELP loan is not applicable;
  • student services and amenities fees, where a SA-HELP loan is not applicable;
  • international tuition fees;
  • instalment plan payments, where applicable;
  • student loan repayments;
  • Flinders living fees and charges; and
  • library charges and fees.

Refer to the Policy on Students with Outstanding Debts