A transcript is a detailed history of your academic record at the University and shows all topics studied and the grades you have received.
The transcript also shows any credit that you have been granted for previous study and any prizes and awards that have been made.
Click on the expandable questions below for further information about the transcript of academic record.
You will be provided with one free copy of your academic transcript at your graduation ceremony. If you do not attend you can make arrangements for the transcript to be sent to you after the ceremony, along with your parchment. Follow the steps below to purchase an additional copy (or copies) of your transcript. Please note that copies obtained prior to your graduation will not include graduation details.
Additional copies of your official transcript may be purchased by following the steps detailed below.
Transcripts will usually take two working days - to prepare and verify - before they are posted ('Standard' service). The University can provide a 'same day' service where your transcript will be available for collection at the time you place the order. There is an additional charge for this service and conditions apply, e.g. if you studied prior to 2001 and/or your records are archived it may not be possible to meet delivery deadlines. Staff will advise you if this is the case and you will not be charged the service fee.
If you have a current enrolment you may also download a copy of your unofficial transcript from the Student Information System. Log in to the Student Information System and click on the 'My Exams and Results' tab. Click on the 'Get my unofficial transcript by email' button at the bottom of the page. Your unofficial transcript will be emailed to your University email address.
1. Place an order for your transcript by contacting Flinders Connect:
- by phone on 1300 FLINDERS (+61 1300 3546 3377)
- in person at Flinders Connect in the Student Hub (Level 0 Central Library)
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. When you lodge your request by email or phone please provide:
- full name
- date of birth
- address and mailing address (if different)
- student ID number
- contact telephone number
- the number of transcripts you require.
Your transcript will be posted within 2 working days (additional charges will apply for courier delivery or registered post service and these charges will be advised at the time of order).
For 'same day' service please visit Flinders Connect at the Student Hub (additional charges will apply for this service), noting the following:
- You will need to provide photo ID (Student ID card or Driver's Licence)
- If you need a third party to collect your ‘same day’ transcript, please discuss arrangements with Flinders Connect staff when ordering and making payment, including providing details of the person collecting the transcript (on your behalf). The person collecting the transcript will need to provide photo ID so we can confirm their identity.
Transcripts cost $10.00 for the first copy and $5.00 for each additional copy ordered at the same time.
Same day service is available if you require fast access to your transcript. An additional $20.00 fee applies to the first copy and standard rates apply to each additional copy. Conditions apply to the provision of this service, e.g. if you studied prior to 2001 and/or your records are archived it may not be possible to meet delivery deadlines. Staff will advise you if this is the case and you will not be charged the service fee.
You will receive a free copy of your official transcript at your graduation ceremony, or mailed with your parchment if you do not attend.
If you require a copy prior to graduation, and you require the completion details to be included on the transcript, please check your unofficial transcript on the Student Information System before you place your order to ensure that these details have been finalised by the Faculty.
The University uses transcript paper that has a number of security features to protect both you and the University from document falsification and fraud. Features include:
- Microprint (font size 1 only visible under magnification)
- Printed warning band (explaining security features)
- Solvent reactive ink (text bleeds or blurs when tampered with).
Flinders University does not provide official transcripts electronically, for security and confidentiality reasons. Official transcripts must be collected in person or posted to you as hard copies as per the information above.
You will not be issued with an official or unofficial transcript while you have an outstanding debt. Outstanding debts include overdue:
- student contributions, where a HECS-HELP loan is not applicable
- domestic tuition fees, where a FEE-HELP loan is not applicable
- student services and amenities fees, where a SA-HELP loan is not applicable
- international tuition fees
- instalment plan payments, where applicable
- student loan repayments
- Flinders living fees and charges
- library charges and fees.
Refer to the Policy on Students with Outstanding Debts.