The Athlete Development Program delivered by Flinders University Sport and Fitness is a sports training and athletic support program aimed at assisting students in the pursuit of sporting and academic excellence.
Student athletes who are successful in achieving a place on this program will have access to high level facilities and training environments with support from highly qualified staff. The strength and conditioning team can tailor their support to work alongside current programs and sporting coaches, or develop a program to suit individual needs. In addition students will also have access to allied health professionals to assist with assessing and managing injuries, and assessing nutritional and dietary requirements.
Key benefits include:
- Flinders University Sport and Fitness Gym membership
- Athlete Development Program singlet
- Clinical health and fitness assessment
- Movement screening
- Individual strength and conditioning program
- Strength and conditioning facility access and coaching
- Allied health support – massage, physiotherapy and dietitian services
- Funding assistance to compete at the UniSport Nationals
Applications will open on 6 January 2020 and close on 22 March 2020.
For more information including eligibility and how to apply for the Athlete Development Program please contact Flinders Sport and Fitness.