Should you apply to Flinders as an exchange or study abroad student? Let us clarify the differences for you.

Student exchange

To study through the Student Exchange Program, a formal Student Exchange Agreement must be in place between your university and Flinders University. Find out if we have an agreement with your university by viewing a list of our current exchange partners. While on student exchange at Flinders you remain enrolled at your university and continue to pay your tuition fees, but pay no tuition fees to Flinders University.

Study abroad

If your university does not have a Student Exchange Agreement with Flinders University, you can still study with us! The Study Abroad program allows incoming university students or those eligible to study at an overseas university to study for one or two semesters at Flinders. To study on the Study Abroad Program, Flinders University tuition fees are payable.