Unless you have secured accommodation at University Hall or in the Deirdre Jordan Village through Flinders Living you will need to consider arranging temporary accommodation, by booking  a hotel or hostel room or a holiday apartment. New students will be required to book their own temporary accommodation.

Flinders Living hosts an accommodation service leading up to the beginning of the semester to assist you with the search for permanent accommodation. Details can be found here: How to find long-term accommodation

Our strong recommendation is to travel to the property by public transport so you can be sure it is convenient for you to travel between your university campus and your accommodation.

If you are considering living off campus in rental accommodation please take the time to familiarise yourself with the rules and regulations concerning rental agreements as covered by South Australian legislation.

The following web sites will also assist you in researching the current rental market.

Suburbs located in the immediate surrounds of Flinders and serviced by local bus services include: Bedford Park, Brighton, St Marys, Pasadena, Panorama, Marion, Daw Park, Colonel Light Gardens, Westbourne Park, Cumberland Park, Kings Park, Clarence Gardens, Black Forest, Wayville, Seacliff.

Homestay is another accommodation option. Host families offer students a room in their home as well as meals and a supportive environment. A host family may be a two-parent or single parent family, a couple or a single person. All host families are checked and provided with training on their responsibilities. International students at Flinders who are under 18 and not living with a parent or legal guardian must stay in approved Homestay accommodation. More information on Flinders’ approved homestay provider is available on the Australian Homestay Network website.

You can find further information about accommodation in the International Student Guides.