Approving accommodation and welfare arrangements
Flinders University welcomes applications from under-18 international students. If you will be under 18 when you arrive in Australia, you must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before your student visa will be granted. There are two options for approving accommodation and welfare arrangements.
1. Arrangements approved by the relevant Australian Government department
2. Arrangements approved by Flinders University
- If you will not be living with approved family you must engage the services of an approved welfare and support provider and stay in approved homestay accommodation.
- The University will issue a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter that you must submit with your Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) when you apply for your student visa. Please note there will be costs associated with both these services.
The accommodation and welfare arrangements must not begin more than two weeks before your course commencement date and must stay in place for the duration of your visa, or until your 18th birthday. You may choose to continue the arrangements after you turn 18, however this is not a requirement of your student visa.
Approved welfare and homestay providers
Flinders current approved welfare and support provider is ISA.
Flinders current approved homestay provider is Australian Homestay Network (AHN).
How to apply for your Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter
- Read and understand the Under 18 Declaration you received with your Offer Letter.
- Sign a contract with the welfare and support provider and the homestay provider and pay them any required fees.
- Return the Acceptance Form, Under 18 Declaration and evidence of your agreement with the welfare and support provider and homestay provider to your Case Officer at Flinders International.
- Pay your commencing tuition payment to Flinders University.
- Flinders will issue your COE and your CAAW letter.
- You can apply for your student visa.