Anatomy & Histology Offices and Laboratories, are distributed over floors 4, 5 & 6 of the Flinders Medical Centre (FMC). The reception office and office of our Head of Department, is located in room 6E:121 of FMC. FMC room numbers are broken down as follows:
LEVELS = 1-7. CORRIDORS / WINGS = A-E, K, M, P.
Below is a map of the Flinders University Campus, including the Flinders Medical Centre buildings. This map highlights 3 of the most common entry points to FMC, for navigating to the Anatomy & Histology Office. They are the Main Entrance, the Level 5E entrance and the Level 4E entrance.
The Main Entrance is accessed via Flinders Drive. The level 4E entrance is accessed via Medical Sciences Road and the Level 5E entrance is accessed from Flinders University's Carpark 1. For detailed information on how to find the Anatomy & Histology Office from each of these options, please click on one of the pdf's listed:
- Main Entrance, via Flinders Drive A&H_FMC (PDF 258KB)
- Level 5E entrance, via Flinders University's Carpark 1 A&H_L5 (PDF 158KB)
- Level 4E entrance - Please note that due to construction of the Transforming Health Building, this entrance is not currently accessible and will not be available again until 2017.
- Campus map (below) as pdf A&H Campus (PDF 845KB)
If arriving by Public Transport
- the Main Entrance is your best option. Adelaide Metro Bus Services drop-off and pick-up only a few feet away from the Main Entrance of the Medical Centre.
If you are being dropped off
- as the Level 4E Entrance is not currently available, the Main Entrance is your best choice for drop-offs.
If you require FREE short term-parking (<2hrs)
- park on Flinders Drive and use the Main Entrance to navigate to the Anatomy & Histology Office. Please note that most of Flinders Drive is strictly 2-hour parking and this area is constantly patrolled by Parking Officers.
If you have a Flinders "Blue" Parking permit or a Disability Parking Permit
- Blue Parking spots are available on the top tier of Carpark 1. Visitors then access the building via the Level 5E entrance.
- Disability Parking spots are available on Flinders Drive, near the Main Entrance.
If you require long-term (2hrs+) parking
- Flinders Medical Centre has a parking structure to the left of the Main Entrance, which is open for use to visitors. The cost is determined by the length of your stay (ie. Half-an-hour is $2, all day is $12)
If you have any questions regarding locating the Anatomy & Histology Office or parking options, please contact us.