- For biomedical support staff (clinical engineers and biomedical technicians) working with medical devices in a clinical setting
- Self-paced with each page of theory followed by a question
- Online (uses Moodle platform)
- Generic across brands
- Practical sessions - need own access to medical devices and service manuals
- 8-16 hours per course depending on initial level of knowledge and time for practical sessions
- Certificate of Completion - need 100% questions answered and practical submitted
Management - purchase considerations,
hazard alerts, user & OHSW issues
The Biomedical Engineering Dept at Flinders Medical Centre (FBE) has been providing training for biomedical technicians, engineers and managers for many years in Australia, and overseas: Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
The cost of providing training over long distances makes it unaffordable to most biomedical staff who are not in large cities. FBE have taken their training packages and rebuilt them to provide online courses to meet the demands of biomedical engineering service staff.
Time spent on these courses can be claimed for Continuing Professional Development.
These courses are classified as CPD Type II: Short courses, workshops, etc., where these are delivered or facilitated by recognised practitioners in the field.
See Engineers Australia document CPD - Types and Conditions for details.