| || |
- McDermott D. 2010. ‘Dorothy, Oodgeroo and Blackfella Ageing: the role of spirituality when you’re short on culture and can’t find your red shoes’, In Mackinlay, E. (Ed.) Ageing and Spirituality: A Diversity of Faiths and Cultures, Jessica Kingsley Publishers, London & Philadelphia.
- Comino E, Craig P, Harris E, McDermott D, Harris M, Henry R, Jackson Pulver L, Kemp L. and Knight J. (2010) ‘The Gudaga Study: establishing an Aboriginal birth cohort in an urban community’, Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health. Vol 34, (S1), pp. S9-17. [J/Ranking 31/76 in Public, Environmental and Occupational Health, ISI WoK, 2008]
- Day A, Jones R, Nakata M. and McDermott D. (2011) 'Indigenous Family Violence: An Attempt to Understand the Problems and Inform Appropriate and Effective Responses to Criminal Justice System Intervention', Psychiatry, Psychology and Law, iFirst, March, pp. 1-14 [Cited: N/A-S] [J/Ranking 79/112 in Psychology, Multidisciplinary, ISI WoK, 2008] [IF: 0.527, ISI WoK, 2008]
- Stadler, D. McEvoy, R. Sprecher, K. Thomson, K. Ryan, M. Thompson, C. Catcheside, P. 2009, Abdominal Compression Increases Upper Airway Collapsibility During Sleep in Obese Male Obstructive Sleep Apnea Patients, Sleep, 32(12), 1579-1587.
- Guerin, P., McDermott, D., Sjoberg, D., Piper, K., Guerin, B., Ryder, C., Wilson, T. (submitted). Dilemmas with dichotomies: Getting a balance when teaching Indigenous health to a primarily non-Indigenous health workforce. LIME Connection IV, Auckland, November 2011.
- McDermott, D. Aboriginal Resilience: Life after CPR (Cronyism, Paternalism and Racism). TheMHS Conference, Adelaide, 6th September 2011(invited presentation: pre-conference Indigenous forum)
- McDermott, D. ‘Strengthening Primary Health Care Capability to Deal with Indigenous Mental Distress: Working successfully with professional and systemic challenge’. Sustainable Mental Health - Sustainable Communities: building resilience in rural communities through primary health care, Port Lincoln, 28-29th March 2011 (invited plenary presentation and session facilitation)
- McDermott, D. ‘The Uncomfortable Road to Cultural Ease: Shifting focus to ‘Close the Gap’. Duguid Memorial Lecture. University of South Australia / Flinders University, 29th October, 2010 (invited biennial oration)
- McDermott, D. ‘Indigenous Mental Health / Social, Spiritual and Emotional Well-Being: Bridging the slash, healing the wound’. XXth Congress of the International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology. Melbourne University, 9th July, 2010 (invited plenary presentation)
- McDermott, D. ‘Wounds That ‘Break Their Stitches Every Morning’: Healing in a hostile environment’. National Healing Foundation Gathering. James Cook University, Townsville, 25th June 2010 (keynote presentation)
- McDermott, D. ‘’Not Mental’: ‘Closing the Gap’ with a Fence in the Way ‘. Forward Thinking for the Primary Care Space: Pre-forum ‘Closing the Gap’ Workshop. General Practice South Australia, National Wine Centre, 23rd June, 2010 (invited plenary presentation)
- McDermott, D. ‘Rethinking Research Priorities: ‘Closing the Gap’ with a fence in the way’. 2nd Rural and Remote Health Scientific Symposium. Brisbane, 9th June, 2010 (invited plenary presentation)
- McDermott, D. ‘Bringing Down the Colorbond: ‘Closing the Gap’ with a fence in the way’. South Australian Population Health Conference. Adelaide, 31st October, 2009 (keynote presentation)
- McDermott, D. and Cubillo, C. ‘‘Deep Listening’ Workshop’. Australian Psychological Society: 44th Annual APS Conference, Darwin, 4th October, 2009 (invited post-conference workshop)
- McDermott, D., Gabb, D. and Takamura, A. ‘Beyond Cultural Competence: Can a cognitive/affective pedagogy improve workforce training? Australian Psychological Society: 44th Annual APS Conference, Darwin, 30th September, 2009 (conference presentation)
- McDermott, D., Sjoberg, D. and Guerin, P. (2011). Introducing the Invisible: When racism’s on the agenda, how do you work with colleagues to build a culturally-safe faculty? Pre-conference workshops.
- McDermott, D., Guerin, P., Sjoberg, D., Ryder, C., Wilson, T. (submitted). Managing a diverse student discomfort with Indigenous health curriculum. LIME Connection IV, Auckland, November 2011.
- Ryder, C. (2011). Demonstrating cultural safety in communication through standardised role plays.
- Ryder, C. Wilson, T. June 2010, Demonstrating Cultural Safety in Communication through Standardised Role Plays, Australian and New Zealand Association for Health Professional Education (ANZAHPE), Alice Springs.
- Ryder, C., Guerin, P., McDermott, D., Burton, H., Sjoberg, D., Wilson, T. (submitted). How much is absorbed and transformed? Transformative unlearning in cultural safety training in healthcare education. LIME Connection IV, Auckland, November 2011.
- Yarnold, D. Ryder, C. Hayes, C. Lee, B. Wilson, T. Williams, R. Ash, J. Neild, T. Strasser, S. June 2010, Taking Indigenous Health Curriculum to a Practical Level, Australian and New Zealand Association for Health Professional Education (ANZAHPE), Alice Springs.
- Yarnold, D. Ryder, C. Lee, B. Edwards, T. Ash, J. Neild, T. Hayes, C. Wilson, T. Gallagher, C. Strasser, S. McDermott, D. June 2010, Developing an Indigenous Entry Stream (IES) into a Doctor of Medicine (MD), Australian and New Zealand Association for Health Professional Education (ANZAHPE), Alice Springs.