Mid North and Yorke Peninsula
Flinders Rural Health SA provide support for nursing, allied health and fourth-year medical students who undertake short-term clinical placements at hospitals and health services throughout the Mid North and Yorke Peninsula.
Second, third and fourth year Flinders Doctor of Medicine students also visit Burra as part of their Advanced Studies program. Students nominate to immerse themselves in a particular project in a rural community. This can influence their career decisions later to return to a rural practice.
Research and community engagement
Flinders University’s presence in the Mid North and Yorke Peninsula is largely driven by its involvement in the Mid North Knowledge Partnership.
This innovative program partners Flinders RHSA with the local community to co-produce meaningful rural and remote research outcomes, in an international context.
Through this partnership, we:
- collaborate with research partners, including our local community;
- host visiting researchers through our Mid North Directions community seminar series; and
- host university students through internships (with credit) and course placements.
Flinders Rural Health SA also offer rural research placements to students, as distinct from clinical learning placements. This is a unique experience only available in the Mid North / Yorke Peninsula region.
Flinders Rural Health SA recently relocated to Burra Town Hall. This opportunity exists through the vital support and collaborative relationships with our partners, who include:
- Regional Council of Goyder
- Burra Regional Tourism and Business Association
- Clare and Gilbert Valleys Council
- Regional Development Australia (Yorke and Mid North)
The Burra campus offers hot desk and meeting space, as well as Videoconferencing capabilities.
Please note that this campus is only operated on a part time basis, so if you would like to use campus services, please call or email in advance to arrange a suitable time.
People at this campus
- Dr Heidi Hodge - Rural Community Engagement and Research Coordinator/Academic