The Discipline of General Practice aims to promote quality general practice care through research, health service evaluation, education, consumer participation, clinical service delivery and engagement in program and policy development as it relates to general practice and primary care in urban and rural settings.
The Discipline of General Practice seeks to create an environment which values and promotes:
- The pursuit of academic excellence
- The highest standard of clinical practice
- Creativity, leadership and team work
- Personal growth and development
- Personal and professional respect
- Integrity and efficiency
- A high standard of management
The Discipline of General Practice is committed to:
- Actively engaging general practitioners, primary health care workers, other health professionals and consumers in its research and teaching activities. It is pursuing this aim through a range of strategies, including community-based teaching, collaborative research and involvement with Medicare Locals and other organisations at state and national level.
- Playing an active role in the School of Medicine, through teaching in areas relevant to general practice and primary health care, participating in all aspects of the curriculum and conducting collaborative research with other clusters within the School.
- Contributing clinical, educational and research expertise to Flinders Medical Centre, Noarlunga Health Services and Riverland Health Services.