This tab allows you to publish details about your media commentary expertise within the context of your role as a Flinders University staff member.
If you do not have a expert media commentary role as a Flinders University staff member leave these fields blank and they will not appear on your page.
What you need to know
- If you see pre-populated data in this tab, this data has been populated by the Expert Media Guide database.
- In addition to having this content published on your page, by updating and editing this information here you are updating the information for the Expert Media Guide.
The levels of information
In order to provide comprehensive information in a succinct manner for the media to search and locate your relevant expertise, you will need to provide the following information.
Areas of interest and descriptions
These are specific descriptions of your areas of interest.
|Area of interest
||national cinemas, Hollywood especially the films of Alfred Hitchcock, film theory, popular culture
|Flim production and exhibition
||especially Australian independent film, experimental film, art-house exhibition
||film and television, postmodernism, censorship, gender and sexuality
Subjects are broader categories for your areas of interest. In the Media Expertise Guide they are cross-referenced and are used as a means locating expertise.
So a journalist who selects a subject, will then see a list of relevant staff members with more descriptive information about their specific areas of expertise.
For example, the above group of areas of interest could be categorised by the following subjects:
Expertise for media contact
To add your expertise for media contact:
- click on the 'Add' button
- in the 'Expertise for media contact' tool that pops up type in the Area of interest and Description in the fields provided
- click on the 'Submit' button to add the expertise for media contact.
Repeat this process to add other areas of interest.
To remove your subjects of expertise for media contact:
- simply click on the remove symbol on the left of area of interest you want to remove.
To allocate subject/s from the choice of subjects available in the media expertise database:
- click on the drop-down list of subjects
- locate the subject you want to add and select it
- click on the 'Add' button.
Repeat this process to add other subjects.
If a subject that describes your expertise is not available in the drop-down list you can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to have it added.
To remove a subject:
- simply click on the remove symbol at the left of the subject you want to delete.
You can also add a mobile number and home telephone number to assist the News and Media staff contact you after hours.
This information will not be published on your page.
Rather, the News and Media team will have a special login to access this information. It will help them get you in contact with the media in order to meet a media deadline. Not being able to access you within the timeframe required to meet a deadline could easily result in a missed publicity opportunity.
Through this feature you can also advise the News and Media team whether they can pass on these details directly to the media or if you would rather they did not.