Primary responsibilities of the Council
The primary responsibilities of the Council, as set out in the Flinders University of South Australia Act, are:
- appointing the Vice-Chancellor as chief executive officer of the University, and monitoring his or her performance
- approving the mission and strategic direction of the University, as well as the annual budget and business plan
- overseeing and reviewing the management of the University and its performance
- establishing policy and procedural principles consistent with legal requirements and community expectations
- approving and monitoring systems of control and accountability, including overview of any entities controlled by the University (within the meaning of section 50AA of the Corporations Act 2001 )
- overseeing and monitoring the assessment and management of risk across the University, including commercial undertakings
- overseeing and monitoring the academic activities of the University
- approving significant commercial activities of the University.
Council and its committees
The membership of Council and the terms of reference, composition and membership of the Standing Committees are available below:
Council agenda papers and minutes
Download the non-confidential agenda papers and minutes of Council meetings.
For more information about the University's governance, refer to: