Flinders’ researchers are at the forefront of health and medical knowledge, and best clinical and care practice. Through research, our academic and clinical experts investigate some of the most pressing challenges society faces today, with the view to prevent illness, treat patients, care for those in need, manage disease, and support recovery of individuals throughout the lifecycle.
Across our flagship health and medical research institutes and centres researchers coalesce to understand, find appropriate treatments for, and solutions to issues of societal importance including:
- rising rates of chronic disease such as cancer
- mental health disorders
- healthy ageing and ensuring quality of life
- delivering appropriate, consumer-centred care, and individualised support in dying through to death
- understanding social determinants of health outcomes and overcoming disparity
- environmental impacts on health.