At Flinders University, we recognise the unique position of Indigenous Australians as First Nations people, and are committed to Indigenous education and engagement.
Our Strategic Plan, The 2025 Agenda: Making a Difference, states our commitment to: engaging with Indigenous Australians, students, staff and the community respecting Indigenous knowledge systems and perspectives, progressing Indigenous advancement in education, research, employment and wellbeing.
Reconciliation Action Plan
The University has undertaken to develop a Reconciliation Action Plan building upon and replacing the Flinders Indigenous Engagement Framework (FIEF) (PDF) with a view to registering it with Reconciliation Australia.
Indigenous Workforce Strategy
The Indigenous Workforce Strategy (PDF) establishes a framework for broader Indigenous engagement that achieves the University’s long-term goals for Indigenous employment.
Office of Indigenous Strategy and Engagement
The Office of Indigenous Strategy and Engagement provides strategic leadership for the University in relation to:
- Indigenisation of our programs
- recognition of Indigenous knowledges and perspectives
- promotion of teaching and research in Indigenous studies
- recruitment and support of Indigenous students
- employment of Indigenous staff
- engagement with Indigenous communities and issues.