College of Nursing and Health Sciences
BSc, BND, MSc, PhD
Adv Sports Dietitian
Each of the above 3 areas of interest intersect in the research evidence, and function of nutrients at the cellular level.
MND (Research) -
MND (Research) -
Recent Community Engagement activities
1. 2013-2015: Design and implementation of sports nutrition-specific menus for players at West Adelaide Football Club, with BND Independent Studies students Stephanie Walker, Annabel Murphy and Emma Mackay.
2. 2014: South Adelaide Football Club U16 Elite Development Academy. Nutrition education presentations on hydration and performance nutrition, with Sports Nutrition students Gemma Zanardo, Lauren March, Matilda Smale & Nancy Tai.
3. 2014-2015: West Adelaide and South Adelaide Football Clubs U16 and U18 squads pre-season nutrition education sessions, in association with SHAPE Research Centre, with assistance from BND students Beau Cubillo, Clare Flower, Matia Katsambalis and Annabel Comerford.
4. 2014-2015: Contax Netball club pre-season performance nutrition education, with assistance from BND students Clare Flower and Annabel Comerford.
5. 2015-2016: Nutrition education and dietary assessment for elite surf lifesaving competitors in the Flinders University/Surf Lifesaving SA High Performance Academy in association with SHAPE Research Centre, with BND Independent studies student Marisa Caddy.
6. 2016: Norwood Cycling Club sports nutrition education session, with BND students Annabel Comerford and Clare Flower.
7. 2017-2018: South Adelaide football Club inaugural Women's team - sports nutrition support, including menu choice education. This work is mainly conducted by final year Dietetics students Ms Annabel Comerford & Mr Sam Barnett. Sam continues as the SAFC-W Sports Dietitian throughout the 2018 cometition season. SAFC-W were Grand Final winners in 2018.
8. 2018: PANDS (Physical Activity & Nutrition Down South) - a nutrition and physical activity wellness project with parents of junior footballers at the South Adelaide Football club.
9. 2018: South Adelaide Football Club U16 Elite Development Academy. Sports Nutrition education sessions with Honours student Clare Flower.
10. 2018: Academic member, Sports Dietitians Australia, Education Committee.
You consent to the use of our cookies if you proceed.