BSc, BND, MSc, PhD
Adv Sports Dietitian
Each of the above 3 areas of interest intersect in the research evidence, and function of nutrients at the cellular level.
MND (Research) -
MND (Research) -
Recent Community Engagement activities
1. 2013-2015: Design and implementation of sports nutrition-specific menus for players at West Adelaide Football Club, with BND Independent Studies students Stephanie Walker, Annabel Murphy and Emma Mackay.
2. 2014: South Adelaide Football Club U16 Elite Development Academy. Nutrition education presentations on hydration and performance nutrition, with Sports Nutrition students Gemma Zanardo, Lauren March, Matilda Smale & Nancy Tai.
3. 2014-2015: West Adelaide and South Adelaide Football Clubs U16 and U18 squads pre-season nutrition education sessions, in association with SHAPE Research Centre, with assistance from BND students Beau Cubillo, Clare Flower, Matia Katsambalis and Annabel Comerford.
4. 2014-2015: Contax Netball club pre-season performance nutrition education, with assistance from BND students Clare Flower and Annabel Comerford.
5. 2015-2016: Nutrition education and dietary assessment for elite surf lifesaving competitors in the Flinders University/Surf Lifesaving SA High Performance Academy in association with SHAPE Research Centre, with BND Independent studies student Marisa Caddy.
6. 2016: Norwood Cycling Club sports nutrition education session, with BND students Annabel Comerford and Clare Flower.
7. 2017-2018: South Adelaide football Club inaugural Women's team - sports nutrition support, including menu choice education. This work is mainly conducted by final year Dietetics students Ms Annabel Comerford & Mr Sam Barnett. Sam continues as the SAFC-W Sports Dietitian throughout the 2018 cometition season. SAFC-W were Grand Final winners in 2018.
8. 2018: PANDS (Physical Activity & Nutrition Down South) - a nutrition and physical activity wellness project with parents of junior footballers at the South Adelaide Football club.
9. 2018: South Adelaide Football Club U16 Elite Development Academy. Sports Nutrition education sessions with Honours student Clare Flower.
10. 2018: Academic member, Sports Dietitians Australia, Education Committee.
If you consent to the use of our cookies then please click the button below:
If you do not consent to the use of all our cookies then please click the button below. Clicking this button will result in all cookies being rejected except for those that are required for essential functionality on our website.