Dr. Mai Ngo is a Senior Lecturer in TESOL and Applied Linguistics in College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, Flinders University. Dr. Mai has specialised in TESOL and Applied Linguistics since 1994, teaching relevant topics at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the field of TESOL and Applied Linguistics. Dr. Mai Ngo has been awarded a number of prestigous scholoarships, including the Australian Government Scholarship Awards for her Master in TESOL in University of Sydney in 2000, Master of Business Administration in 2007, Australian Leadership Awards for her PhD studies in UNSW in 2010 - 2013, and Endeavour post-doctoral fellowship in 2016. Dr. Mai Ngo has experience in delivering a richly interactive, transformative and personalized approach to learning focusing on students' academic and employability success, Dr. Mai Ngo also has examined and supervised hundreds of international students to successful completion in the undergraduate, honors and postgraduate programs in the field of TESOL and Applied Linguistics. In addition, Dr. Mai Ngo has many years of experience in personal and professional development, language teacher education, educational leadership, curriculum design and review, innovation in face-to-face and on-line learning and advancements in education technologies. As Dean of Foundation Studies Department (in Hanoi University) for five years (from 2005 to 2009), and Director of International Education Center (in Hanoi University from 2014 & 2015), Dr. Mai Ngo has undertaken numerous leadership activities (including internalisation of higher education, topic and course coordination/management) and the collegiate governance of the Department.Dr Mai has recently received the Teaching Excellence Awards from College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences at Flinders University in July 2021, and the Vice Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Award in December 2022.. Dr. Mai is now chairing the International Program Development Committee in the College. Click here for more.
- Bachelor of English Studies, Hanoi University, Vietnam
- Master in TESOL, University of Sydney, Australia
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Post - Doctoral Research, School of Education, University of New South Wales.
- Year 1999 - 2000: Australian Government Scholarship Award
- Year 2009: CamTESOL Innovation Award
- Year 2010 - 2013: Australian Leadership Award
- Year 2014: NSW Institute for Education Research's Beth Southwell Research Award 2014 for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis
- Year 2016: Endeavor Post-Doctoral Research Award
- Year 2021: Teaching Excellence Award from College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, Flinders University
- Year 2022: Vice Chancellor's Award in Teaching Excellence, Flinders University
- Teaching Graduate Certificate (in TESOL), Graduate Diploma (in TESOL), Bachelor of Arts, Master of TESOL, Master of Education & Master of Arts Programs
- Doing research in the field of Applied Linguistics, TESOL Curriculum Innovation, English language teacher professional development and Academic Leadership
- Attracting and Supporting International Students to Flinders University.
- ESL/TESOL and Applied Linguistics
- Second Language Acquisition (SLA)
- Teaching Pedagody/Methodology
- Teacher Leadership and Academic Leadership
- Curriculum Innnovation
- Course Design
Providing academic support and language support for migrants and international students.
You consent to the use of our cookies if you proceed.