I joined Flinders University in May 2020 as Associate Director, Student Learning Support Service. Prior to this I was Director of Learning Analytics at RMIT. I started my academic journey as an assistant professorship at The University of Texas at Austin in 2008 following a postdoctorate at the Smithsonian Institution. My fields of expertise are ecology, evolution and learning analytics, with a strong focus on higher education, course design and delivery, and a high quality student expereince.
PhD Biology, Florida State University
BSc Biology, Universidad de Guadalajara
--University Teaching Award, Adelaide Univeristy
Publications in the last year.
60. Munguia, P. and A. Gibson (in review). Finding False: A philosophical framework for learning analytics
59. Munguia and A. Brennan (in press). A stage-based matrix model of student progression. J. Learning Analytics
57. Munguia, P. C Cheong, F Cheong, E Gharaie (2020). Exploratory Variations in Course Structure Consistency Within the Learning Management System. Book Chapter in Tertiary Education in a Time of Change: Disruptions, Challenges and Strategies, Springer, Singapore 99-111pp
56. Munguia, A. Brennan, S. Taylor, and D. Lee (2020). A learning analytics journey: bridging the gap between technology services and the academic need. The Internet and Higher Education, 100744
55. Munguia, P. (2020). Preventing student and faculty attrition in times of change. Book Chapter in Radical Solutions & Learning analytics Personalised Learning and Teaching Through Big Data. Springer, Singapore, 115-129pp.
54. Darnell, MZ, PRY Backwell, and P. Munguia (2020). Frequency and latency of autotomy in a sexually selected fiddler crab appendage. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology. 523, 151255
53. Cuellar-Gempeller, C., and P. Mungia (2019). Habitat filters mediate successional trajectories in bacterial communities associated with the striped shore crab. Oecologia 191: 957-970
52. Darnell, MZ, PRY Backwell, J Stockbridge, ML Dyson, P Munguia. 2019. Thermal and desiccation constraints drive territory preference in fiddler crabs. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 518, 151173
51. van der Hulst,L, P Munguia, JA Culbert, CM Ford, RA Burton, KL Wilkinson. 2019. Accumulation of volatile phenol glycoconjugates in grapes following grapevine exposure to smoke and potential mitigation of smoke taint by foliar application of kaolin. Planta 249 (3), 941-952
50. Brennan, A., A Sharma, P. Munguia. 2019. Diversity of online behaviours associated with physical attendance in lectures. Journal of Learning Analytics. Journal of Learning Analytics 6 (1), 34-53
If you consent to the use of our cookies then please click the button below:
If you do not consent to the use of all our cookies then please click the button below. Clicking this button will result in all cookies being rejected except for those that are required for essential functionality on our website.