Rob is Director of the Cardiothoracic Surgery Quality and Outcomes Unit and Clinical Perfusion Department at Flinders Medical Centre. Rob has worked locally, nationally and internationally to achieve better outcomes for patients undergoing cardiac surgery. Rob's dedicated work, and that of his department, has been recognised both nationally and internationally.
1986 B (Med) Sci (Hons), University of Adelaide, South Australia
1996 Doctor of Philosophy, Flinders University of South Australia - Thesis Title: 'Sphincter of Oddi activity - An invitro study in the Australian Brush-tailed Possum"
1998 Certified Clinical Perfusionist (CCP), Australian Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
1. "John H Gibbon, Jr Award" American Society of Extracorpreal Technology, 2017
2. “President’s Award” American Society of Extracorporeal Cardiovascular Perfusion, 2014
3. “Inaugural Presidential Award”, Australian and New Zealand College of Perfusion, 2013
4. “Section Poster Award”, International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Prague, June 2013
5. “Award of Excellence”, American Society of Extracorporeal Cardiovascular Perfusion, 2013
6. “Fellowship Award”, Awarded for Most Outstanding Scientific Paper, American Society of Extracorporeal Cardiovascular Perfusion, 2013
7. “JECT Research Article Award” American Society of Extracorporeal Technology, 2011
8. “JECT Case Report Award” American Society of Extracorporeal Technology, 2011
9. “President’s Award” American Society of Extracorporeal Cardiovascular Perfusion, 2010
10. “Fellowship in Cardiovascular Perfusion”, Awarded for Most Outstanding Scientific Paper, American Society of Extracorporeal Cardiovascular Perfusion, 2010
11. “Perfusion Unit of the Year 2008”, Awarded to Flinders Medical Centre, Australian and New Zealand College of Perfusion, 2008
12. “Best Paper Award” Awarded for Best Paper presented at the 2nd Asian Preventative Cardiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation Conference, 2008. (co-author).
13. “Terumo Award 2007”, Awarded for the Best Scientific paper presented at the 24th Meeting of the Australasian Society of Cardiovascular Perfusion, 2007. Co-author.
14. “Reviewer”, Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2007 – Current
15. Recognition Award (2006) of contribution to the Key West Outcomes Meeting
16. “Terumo Award 2006”, Awarded for the Best Scientific paper presented at the 23rd Meeting of the Australasian Society of Cardiovascular Perfusion, 2006. Co-author.
Director of the Perfusion Services at Flinders Medical Centre supporting Cardiac Surgery, ECMO (Extracorporeal Circulatory Membrane Oxygenation), Organ Retrieval and the South Australian Liver Transplant program.
Director of the Cardiac Surgery Quality and Outcomes Department
Academic supervisor for graduate and postgraduate studies.
Chair of the Australian and New Zealand Collaborative Perfusion Registry
Member of the Steering and Research Committee of the Australian and New Zealand Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons National Database.
President of the Australian and New Zealand College of Perfusionists (ANZCP)
Frank Dalziel Prize for Best Thesis in Psychology - JUN 2011
NHMRC Postgraduate Fellowship - JAN 2013
President, Australian and New Zealand College of Perfusionists (ANZCP)
Deputy Chair, Perfusion Downunder, Winter Meeting
Perfusion Task Force
American Society of Extracorporeal Technology
ANZSCTS National Cardiac Surgery Database Steering Committee
ANZSCTS National Cardiac Surgery Database Research Committee
Fellow Australian and New Zealand College of Perfusionists
Fellow Cardiac Society
You consent to the use of our cookies if you proceed.