AMK Indigenous Law Students Scholarship
College of Business, Government and Law
Made in two equal instalments of $2,500.00
Level of Study
Applicants for the scholarship must:
• be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
• identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; and
• be accepted as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander by the community in which they live or have lived; and
• normally be enrolled at full-time Flinders University*; and
• be enrolled in the second or subsequent year of the Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice or the Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Honours); and
• have a minimum GPA of 4.0; and
• be able to demonstrate an interest in the impacts of technology on the law, legal practice, and access to justice
• be able to demonstrate an interest in a career in commercial law; and
• not be in receipt of a similar scholarship.
Previous recipients may reapply however priority may be given to students who have not previously received this scholarship.
*Scholarships are available to part-time students in exceptional circumstances, which includes (but is not limited to) disability, illness or carer responsibilities. Part-time scholarship recipients will receive the same annual value as full-time scholarship recipients.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, demonstrated interest in technology and the law as well as interest in a career in commercial law. Scholarship selection will be made by a committee comprising representatives from the College of Business, Government and Law and from Yunggorendi Student Services.
Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date.
When submitting your application through the Student System please ensure to include a completed copy of the AMK Indigenous Law Students Scholarship Application Form which can be seen below.