Selection of award holders will be undertaken by the Scholarships Committee on the basis of academic merit and research potential.
The Committee will determine the recipients for the AGRTPS Domestic stipends.
Applications will be ranked according to the University’s Guidelines for Ranking Postgraduate Research Scholarship Applications.
The University will give priority to students undertaking a doctoral degree for the first time.
In addition, the following factors will be considered during the selection process and an AGRTPS will not be awarded to a student who:
- is in receipt of an award which directly duplicates the purpose of the AGRTPS. Holders of a Flinders University Research Scholarship (FURS) will not be considered for the award of an AGRTPS to continue study in the degree for which the FURS is held;
- is on paid study leave;
- holds a fractional academic appointment;
- holds a Research Doctorate or equivalent, or holds a Research Masters or equivalent and is seeking an AGRTPS to undertake a Research Masters degree;
- has previously held an AGRTPS;
- held an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), or a Flinders University Research Scholarship (FURS) unless it was terminated within the first six months of the earlier award, as per Clause 2.3 of above.
Also refer to section 4.2 of the RTP Scholarship Administrative Rules for RTP Stipend selection criteria.