The Playford Trust, in partnership with OZ Minerals, offers a $9000 Honours scholarship in geoscience, mining engineering or chemical engineering at any one of the three South Australian universities.
OZ Minerals is a copper-focused, global, modern mining company based in South Australia. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100) OZ Minerals has a growth strategy focused on creating value for all its stakeholders.
In South Australia, it owns and operates the copper-gold mine at Prominent Hill and the copper-gold mine at Carrapateena. The company has a pipeline of earn-in agreements with experienced exploration companies in Australia and internationally. It also has an operating mine and a significant pipeline of development and exploration opportunities in the Carajás and Gurupi provinces in Brazil.
A strong company culture, an unwavering pursuit to be a modern mining company, and a thirst for finding different and better ways to do things is shared by the OZ Minerals team, encapsulated by its How We Work Together principles and behaviours of:
- Thinking and acting differently
- Building a culture of respect that enables people to succeed
- Focusing on partnerships and collaboration, not hierarchy
- Delivering superior results through effective planning and agile deployment
- Doing what it says it will do and taking action
- Acting with integrity and engaging with stakeholders