As part of our commitment to clinical health supervisors in the Northern Territory, Flinders NT provide professional development opportunities to enhance your experiences with students and junior staff. These opportunities are chosen and designed to benefit supervisors regardless of their area of practice.
Clinical Supervision Workshops
These workshops allow you to expand your theoretical knowledge and practical skills in workplace-based clinical supervision. The facilitators help you contextualize your learning and promote discussion of issues that enhance your confidence as an effective clinical supervisor. Workshops are available face-to-face or as a webinar series.
Topics covered include:
- The unique factors of workplace-based learning and teaching including essential planning
- Engaging with and teaching learners using proven tools. The One Minute Preceptor.
- Promoting learning through feedback
- Developing as a supervisor through further professional development activities
- The 4 step method of teaching a clinical skill, demonstrating how this model fosters effective learning.
- Supporting learners in Difficulty: How do you address the situation of a learner who appears hostile, is lacking in confidence or acting unprofessionally?
To be advised of workshop dates contact us
Peer Support Strategies for Supervisors
Check out the resources here for supervisors to work collaboratively with peers to increase confidence in, and quality of, workplace supervision.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
Flinders NT have an accredited Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) instructor on staff who offers training to supervisors, students and members of our team. The mental health of our current and future workforce is essential to a healthy community now and in the future.
Course participants learn about the signs and symptoms of the common and disabling mental health problems, how to provide initial help, where and how to get professional help, what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective, and how to provide first aid in a crisis situation.
For more information about Supervisor Professional Development contact us.