Mandatory application requirements
An acceptable application should contain the following information or documents:
- The Job Number
- A suitability statement
- A CV/resume.
The Job Number
Each vacancy advertised by Flinders has a unique job number, to help differentiate roles with similar job titles. Quoting this number will ensure Flinders is assessing your suitability for the role you are most interested in obtaining. We’d recommend quoting the Job Number on the first page of your suitability statement.
This is a written statement of no more than 3 A4 pages, introducing yourself and describing how your skills, attributes, experience, qualifications etc. are a match to the position description.
When crafting your suitability statement, we recommend you:
- State the Job Number and job title
- Demonstrate how you meet the Key Position Responsibilities and Key Position Capabilities listed in the position description
- Cite evidence to support your claims, rather than just presenting a list of facts
- Make contact with the vacancy contact person listed in the advertisement, should you have questions on any elements of the PD
- Use a generic/readable font (ie – arial, calibri) in a size no smaller than 10pt.
This document supports the suitability statement you provide, by highlighting your experience, qualifications and attributes that are relevant to the position you are applying for.
When crafting your CV/resume, we recommend you:
- List the most recent qualifications/experience first
- Include only information which highlights the position requirements outlined in the PD
- Aim to keep your CV to no more than 3 pages.
Referee reports are typically obtained on shortlisted applicants. Flinders requests that:
- You provide the details of 3 professional referees
- 1 of the referees is your current or most recent manager (where possible)
- As many of the referees you provide have supervised your work in the past
- The referee details are listed in your CV
- Adelaide day-time telephone and email details are provided for each referee.
In some instances, the Appointment Committee may wish to obtain feedback from a referee you have not provided in your application. Such references will be conducted with your knowledge and consultation.