Our researchers conducted an evaluation of the Artificial Intelligence Capability Fund (AICF) for the Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (now: Department of Industry, Science and Resources). The AICF included seven distinct initiatives:
- Cooperative Research Centre Projects (CRC-P) providing financial support to AI-focused collaborations between industry and research organisations.
- Supporting AI in schools - AI and digital technology learning resources and services for teachers, students, school leaders and parents.
- AI-focused PhD scholarships – supporting doctoral students in strategic priority areas including AI.
- AI Ethics Framework initiative – preparation of national principles of ethical use of AI in business and government.
- AI Technology Roadmap – draft strategies to develop national AI capability.
- AI Standards Roadmap – a document framing the development of standards for AI.
Researchers: Associate Prof. Andreas Cebulla and Hamish Gamble.