Information we collect about you
Any contact you have with a doctor or psychologist in relation to your health and wellbeing is recorded in a dedicated electronic file in our clinical database and secure survey platform (Redcap). This system is separate from any other systems at FHMRI Sleep Health and can only be accessed by approved admin and clinical personnel. You will be asked to read and sign a consent form. The information kept in the file includes:
- Personal information (e.g. name, address, contact details)
- Demographic information (e.g. gender, DOB)
- The date and time of any contacts with us, as well as who you saw
- Brief summaries of each of your contacts with us
- Details of treatments being provided
- Details of assessments or tests conducted
- Detail of any referrals provided
- Letters received or sent in relation to your care
How we use your information
The information in your file is used to help provide ongoing care for you. It is a record of your contacts with us, and the outcomes of those contacts and helps us provide continuity of care.
The situations where we may need to use or disclose confidential or personal information regarding your treatment, information which you provide to us, or information which is otherwise on your record (“Confidential information”) to other staff or third parties are:
- where we are required to disclose the confidential Information by law;
- where disclosure is warranted in order to prevent an imminent threat to your health or safety, or the health or safety of another person;
- where the disclosure is requested by authorities in connection with a criminal investigation;
- where the disclosure is to the University in connection with suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
- Outside of these situations, we will require your consent prior to any use or disclosure of your personal information.