Terms and conditions
Flinders University 2020 Open Days “the Competition”
1. Flinders University ABN 65 542 596 200 of Sturt Road Bedford Park SA (“the Promoter”) is conducting the Competition.
2. Competition entry is free.
3. Entry into this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Competition Terms and Conditions.
4. Competition entry is only open to persons who meet/satisfy the following entry requirements/conditions (“Entrants”): Australian residents; Agree to be contacted for future marketing purposes.
5. The Promoter’s employees or current students are not eligible to win the Competition prizes.
6. Entry into the Competition (“Entry’) is by: online lodgement of a fully completed 2020 Open Days attendance registration form submitted at flinders.edu.au/opendays AND logging on to the Flinders University Virtual Open Day Platform between 10 and 14 August 2020.
7. The prize(s) that can be won in the Competition and its/their value are: Early Bird prize - 1 x 13-inch MacBook Pro valued at $1999; Main prize - 1 x Apply iPhone 11 Pro and Apple AirPods Pro valued at $2148.
8. The above Competition prize(s) have a total value of up to $4147.
9. Once an Entry is submitted no changes to or withdrawal of that Entry will be permitted.
10. The Competition period commences on 31 January 2020. Entries for Early Bird prize must be received by the Promoter on or before 5:00pm ACST on Friday 24 July 2020, and entries for the main prize must be received on or before 5:00pm ACST on Friday 14 August 2020.
11. Entries received between 31 January 2020 and 5:00pm ACST, Friday 24 July 2020 (Early Bird Entries) will receive one entry in the Early Bird draw and one entry in the Main Prize draw.
12. Each Entry has an equal chance of winning the Competition prize(s).
13. The winning Competition Entry(s) will be manually drawn at random from a box containing the names of all Entrants at 12 noon on Wednesday 19 August 2020 at Flinders University (Office of Communication, Marketing and Engagement) from the pool of Entries that meet the above entry criteria.
14. The selection of the winning Entry(s) is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner(s) to provide identity and/or proof of Entry eligibility/qualification.
15. The Promoter will notify the winner(s) by email within 14 days after the date of the draw and provide the winner(s) with particulars of how the prize is to be delivered or collected.
16. Entry forms and details of the prize winner(s) will be retained by the Promoter for at least 3 months after the prize draw. Entry forms become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned by the Promoter.
17. The Competition prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or taken for cash.
18. Competition prizes must be accepted by winners of those prizes subject to any conditions, restrictions or expiry/validity dates applicable to them. Winners of these prizes are solely responsible for complying with prize conditions and expiry.
19. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
a. inaccurate/incorrect transcription of Entry information;
b. unauthorised human intervention in any part of the Competition; or
c. electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition.
20. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify from the Competition any person who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the taking or use of a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
22. The Promoter makes no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of a prize and will not take responsibility for the quality or fitness for purpose of the prize or the failure of the prize to be of merchantable quality. If liability under terms implied by legislation cannot be excluded the liability of the Promoter is limited to re-supplying the relevant goods or services comprising the prize or paying the cost of replacing them.
23. By entering this Competition the Entrant consents to the Promoter collecting using and disclosing all of the information contained in the Entrant’s Entry (personal or otherwise) for the Promoter’s marketing, promotional and/or student recruitment purposes in accordance with the relevant collection statement notified to the Entrant at the time of entering the Competition. The Entrant grants a perpetual non-transferable royalty free licence to the Promoter to use publish and communicate any part or all of this information whether in original or modified form for the above purposes.
25. By entering this Competition the Entrant (and their companions, as relevant) consents to the Promoter taking photos, recordings, videos or film of them if they win a prize in the Competition and they grant the Promoter the right to use publish or broadcast the Entrant’s name, voice and image in any marketing or publicity medium (including, without limitation, the internet) that the University sees fit to publicize the outcome of the Competition.
26. All advertisements for the Competition will contain the information prescribed in Regulation 30 of the Lottery and Gaming Regulations 2008 and the names and addresses of each winner of a prize the value of which is over $250 will be published on the Flinders University website within 30 days of the Competition draw in the manner prescribed under that same Regulation.