There’s more to Flinders than our friendly reputation. It’s true that we value our people, and our students agree that we offer the best student experience and support in SA. But The Flinders Experience is about having the space and flexibility to choose your path, and the confidence to build your own future. Our industry-driven degrees and support services will help you on your way to a satisfying career and beyond.
There’s no limit to what you can achieve with a Flinders degree, because our internationally recognised teachers, state-of-the-art facilities and research that makes a difference are here to inspire you to be the best you can. Explore your passions, experiment bravely and make your mark. It’s what inspiring achievement is all about
You’ll meet incredible minds to stimulate and inspire you – teachers of international repute armed with up-to-the-minute knowledge, drawing on research that not only meets the world standard, but exceeds it.
Our teaching is designed to take you from learning to earning. You’ll be plugged into industry trends, and take part in professional placement opportunities and practical experiences that make you work-ready upon graduation.
You’ll take this journey in stimulating learning spaces, sharing your ideas with like-minded individuals who challenge and inspire you to achieve more.
It’s the perfect environment in which to become the best you can be.
Flinders University’s reach extends beyond Adelaide.
Flinders University’s Bedford Park campus, located south of the city of Adelaide, is our main teaching and research campus.Find out more
Located in the heart of Adelaide CBD, Flinders Victoria Square is an accessible and alternative space for students and staff.Find out more
Flinders at Tonsley is a hub for students, researchers and business in science and engineering, and also for entrepreneurs.Find out more
Flinders University's Northern Territory presence is a hub for innovative health research, education and sector development.Find out more
Our geographical footprint extends to other metropolitan, regional, interstate, and international locations.Find out more
A range of undergrad and postgrad courses are available to study online. Fit uni around your lifestyle.Find out more
Flinders Connect is your first point of call for student services, including any questions you might have about enrolment or fees.Find out more
The Central Library is open 7 days a week during the academic year.Find out more
The Flinders University Student Association represents students rights and interests.Find out more
A variety of spaces and resources for students are available in the Hub, Library and in the Flinders Connect area.Find out more
A range of retail outlets can be found along the eats side of the Plaza and near Flinders Connect.Find out more
There are plenty of food and beverage options in and around the Hub, including a student kitchen.Find out more
In 2016, Flinders University offered more than 600 scholarships worth over $4.2M in total.
A generous range of scholarships is available to new and continuing undergraduate students.
Flinders is the only university in Adelaide that gives you the opportunity to live on campus.
Flinders Living offers accommodation for over 550 students at the University Hall and Deirdre Jordan Village.
Stay in shape while you flex your mind.
The Bedford Park campus includes a state-of-the-art Sport and Fitness Centre where you can work out while taking in the best views of any gym in Adelaide. Flinders also has courts and ovals for a variety of sports. Get involved in our sporting teams, clubs, and events.
Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) enables you to gain work experience while you study.
Flinders aims to provide each and every student with access to a WIL opportunity during their studies through placements, practicums, field studies, and simulated workplace settings and assessment activities.
The Careers and Employability Service helps give you the edge in your career.
The Centre provides a diverse range of services and programs including job posting services, access to employers, tailored careers advice and a comprehensive range of careers resources.
Flinders provides confidential and professional health, counselling and disability services to all currently enrolled Flinders University students. We can also assist students with equal opportunity concerns.
The Health Service is a fully equipped Medical Centre located at the Bedford Park campus. It provides emergency and routine medical care and is staffed by both male and female medical practitioners. All consultations are confidential and there is also a free counselling service.
Oasis is a multifaith, multicultural centre where support is provided by chaplains of all faiths to meet the spiritual and religious needs of the Flinders community.
Oasis offers hospitality, promotes well-being and fosters inclusive spirituality - inspiring a culture of care at Flinders University and in the wider community.
Oasis does this by providing a safe, inclusive drop-in centre, facilitated by a team of volunteers who enable interpersonal, intercultural and interfaith respect and understanding.
The Student Learning Centre provides programs and services that assist students become independent and effective learners, achieve their academic goals and develop the requisite skills for life-long learning.
1. Grab a local beer at the Tavern on a Friday evening and celebrate the end of a week watching the sunset over the ocean. A great chance to interact with staff and students in a relaxed environment with fantastic views.
2. Walk around the lake during a study or lunch break as a quick way to reenergise, explore the campus and enjoy nature.
3. Feed the ducks…..or be stalked until you do! Flinders is home to many wild ducks, some who are very friendly to Flinders staff, students and visitors, and some who are very pushy in their quest for lunch! Keep an eye out for them by the Plaza and lake.
4. Sit on a beanbag and watch a movie in the Plaza on the big screen.
5. Lose yourself in a good book on the top floor of the library, where you can find a secluded spot with views of the city.
6. Enjoy a burger and beer at the Tavern, by Burger Theory, the brain child of a Flinders University student.
7. Wander through the garden at Tonsley, complete with fog gently flowing from a tree stump.
8. The Science Innovation and Learning Centre (SILC building) has a very unique feature. The wall that faces the grass area was designed to be a ‘whispering wall’. Take a friend and have a go!
9. Attend a performance by our dance or drama students.
10. Visit Pendopo, the tangible symbol of the meeting between Australian and Indonesian people and cultures. It’s a place of hospitality where public concerts take place, Indonesian dignitaries are welcomed, postgraduate students meet, and a variety of music and dance ensembles rehearse.
You consent to the use of our cookies if you proceed.