The four-year Doctor of Medicine will prepare you for a future in medicine.
Develop your knowledge, understanding and skills across diverse areas of medical practice. By the end of the Doctor of Medicine, you'll graduate with a medical qualification and be ready to act as a hospital intern. You'll gain experience in a full range of medical specialties to help you make decisions about your further training.
Flinders University has a strong profile in medicine both nationally and internationally, and continues to be at the forefront of innovation in teaching and research. We provide rich and innovative student clinical placements and are leaders in the field of rural and remote health.
Maximise your chances of entry to the Doctor of Medicine
To maximise chances of gaining entry to the Doctor of Medicine you need to:
- understand the procedures and deadlines for applying
- provide all the information and supporting documentation requested by Flinders University by the required deadline
- read and understand the terms and conditions of application when you apply
- carefully follow all the instructions given while applying and in any subsequent communications
- pay any fees by the required date
- keep personal contact details up-to-date.
Eligible applicants must have successfully completed the GAMSAT in the last two years, and hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.