The Universities Equity Scheme and the Universities Language, Literacy and Mathematics Scheme may both contribute to your Year 12 Selection Rank when applying for Flinders University courses. The scheme is administered by the South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC).
Under the scheme applicants may be eligible for points in one of two ways: for all students in certain specified schools and for individual students in other schools. Eligible students will receive five points in the calculation of their selection ranks.
South Australian, Northern Territory and ‘border’ schools attracting equity bonuses will be identified using criteria, which consider:
- schools’ remoteness as defined under the Australian Standard Geographical Classification
- the ‘participation rate’ (the percentage of students in each school gaining an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) who receive a SATAC offer averaged over three years)
- the mean ATAR achieved in each school (averaged over three years)
- schools’ Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage (averaged over three years).
School based points will be automatically added in the calculation of students selection rank by SATAC.
Students in other schools who can demonstrate their individual disadvantage will be able to submit an application for points under this Scheme. Students will be eligible under the Scheme where, in the year they gain their ATAR:
- they or their parents are in receipt of a Centrelink means-tested income support payment, or
- they or their parents are the holders of a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card, or
- they are the holder of a School Card.
Students apply for consideration when completing their SATAC application.
These adjustment factors will apply for all Flinders undergraduate degrees with the exception of the Universities Language, Literacy and Mathematics Scheme which will not apply to 214941 Bachelor of Clinical Sciences/ Doctor of Medicine.
Under the Universities Language, Literacy and Mathematics Scheme and the Universities Equity Scheme an individual student can receive a combined maximum of 9 points.
Further information is available from the SATAC website.