The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for the workforce.
- Undertake 29 weeks of placement to expand your knowledge and skill-base and put theory into practice.
- Complete Continuity of Care Experiences, where you will follow women throughout their pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatal journey.
What you'll need
In order to complete the degree, you will need to undertake compulsory clinical placements including but not limited to:
- National Criminal and Relevant History Screenings
- Deed Poll
- Basic Emergency Life Support
- Manual Handling
- SA Health Online Orientation Package
- Hand Hygiene Online Orientation
- BloodSafe Online module
- PrePlace Online Orientation
- Needlestick Injuries Online Package
- Fitness to Undertake Placement Declaration.
If you are unable to meet these requirements*, you will not be able to undertake your professional experience placement.
*Requirements are subject to change.